Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Freezing and Burning Hands

I had a new symptom emerge today. I noticed that several times during the day, the skin on the back of my hands felt like it was burning. It literally felt like when you stick your hands in an oven to baste a piece of chicken.

Being on doxy, I decided to keep reapplying sunscreen thinking I might be getting a sunburn. That does not appear to be the case. Later in the day, the skin on my hands felt like they were freezing cold.

I don't know what's going on. I just had some relief of numbness and paralysis in my hands this week and now this? I'm not sure what's causing it. Could it be a medication? A co-infection? Permanent nerve damage? As always, I'm conflicted about what I should do. Should I tell my LLMD and risk being taken off this med too? Should I just try to deal with it?

For today, the anxiety/exercise OCD has appeared to have calmed down a little. I had NO desire to go for a walk. I don't like all these new symptoms. Especially the neurological/psychological ones. I don't want everyone to think I'm crazy. I have trust issues even with my LLMD. I'm always worried if I bring something up, he's going to give up on the Lyme diagnosis and send me out to doctors who just think I'm nuts.