Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Scared about my Liver

I'm scared today. Yesterday I really overdid it with the amount of exercise (8 miles pushing a double stroller up hills in hot weather). I'm having a lot of pain on the right side of my ribs today. I'm worried about my liver and wondering if the enzymes are dangerously high.

I am supposed to get another liver function test before going back to my LLMD next week. I'm debating whether to do it tomorrow, or the next day. If I go tomorrow, the result will come back before the weekend so if it's really dangerously high the office will call and I won't be going all weekend with it like that. If I wait, I might have a better chance of the enzymes dropping lower, but if my enzymes are still high, nobody will see the result until next week.

My LLMD doesn't like me on antibiotics when my liver enzymes are elevated. I really had to do some convincing to stay on doxy or antibiotics at all. Nothing works to lower my enzymes (NAC, ALA, glutathione IV's, lemon detox, liver detox teas, milk thistle, etc.).

I've been very careful this week. I had a really bad headache the other day and I didn't take anything for it. I slept with an ice pack on my head and got a huge coffee the next morning which made it go away pretty quickly. I was worried about taking ANYTHING that could possibly raise the enzymes. The only thing I've taken this week has been 100 mg of doxy twice per day.