In the absence of severe night sweats, I've often wondered if I even have babesia so I decided to revisit the "Checklist book" by Schaller to see if I do have a reasonable number of symptoms from the Babesia Checklist.
This E-book with great checklists is available free online for download. I refer to it extremely often. Especially when I'm worried and want to see where a new symptom fits in. Click here to visit the website where you can download it for free.
Here are the symptoms that I have from the Babesia checklist:
- A yellow hue on hands, eyes or skin
- Family, friends or others report you look tired or foggy
- Slowed thinking
- Enlarged lymph nodes
- Trouble with concentration
- Memory troubles (I used to have an uncanny memory)
- An enlarged liver
- A poor appetite
- Shortness of breath
- Headaches with no clear cause
- Headaches which are hard to control and/or severe
- Weight loss with reasonable eating and average exercise
- Any decrease in appetite (this one alternates with extreme hunger for me)
- Fatigue in excess of that experienced by most people in the same age range
- Fatigue with ongoing insomnia (consider the possibility of both bartonella and babesia)
- Night sweats (for me it's very rare and light)
- Hot flashes in normal temperature room
- Any fever in excess of 3 days
- Spike of a fever over 100.5 after a possible tick bite (mine was 105 at onset for over a week)
- Swelling in limbs and other parts of body
- Lumps or other types of tissue collection with no clear cause
- Random stabbing pains
- A sense of imbalance
- Bilirubin abnormality
- An abnormally high ALT
- Lymphocytopenia-low lymphocytes which are a type of infection-fighting white blood cells
Wow. After writing it out, I guess my LLMD is correct in assuming that babesia is in the mix. These infections are so difficult to interpret. I feel sometimes like they are all attacking me at once.
Sometimes when I take even a low dose of antibiotic that goes after one, symptoms from the other infections quickly increase and become severe. Will I ever get any of them under control?