Saturday, May 12, 2012

Flu-Like Symptoms Again


So after a "normal" week last week where my symptoms were numerous but not incapacitating, I woke up the other day with extreme exhaustion along with severe muscle and joint pain. My glutathione IV which normally gives me a few days of relief only lasted for a few hours on the day I received it. When I tried to go for a walk the next morning, I had pretty bad heart palpitations, dizziness and exhaustion. Unlike other weeks where I can go running for miles for several days after the IV, this week I only got a few good hours and a partial short walk.

Soon after that walk, I became freezing cold and began shaking uncontrollably. I felt like I had a high fever, but my temperature was 98.

I also started to get a headache which is rare for me while I'm on meds. With the new set of meds, I'm currently on week 4 of doxy and week 3 of Mepron. Along with the flu-like stuff, I was extremely nauseous and I can barely eat anything. I'm having severe stomach pain when I eat, so I can only eat a few bites of food per day which I know is not healthy.

My hands have a rash on them which is likely from the doxy. I also can't feel warm or cold sensations very well. Sometimes after washing my hands, I feel like I have a piece of ice on my skin for hours afterward.

My eyes have started twitching again and the overall aching is really bad again. I hope this will end soon. It's been two weeks since the last time this happened. This reaction is much more severe than the first time I took Mepron or doxy.