Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Scary Evening

Yesterday I went to the Lyme conference in Saratoga Springs held by congressman Chris Gibson. There were many well-known LLMD's presenting as well as other Lyme experts. It was a great, informative meeting. I had a great seat close to the front. I got to the meeting at about 8:00 a.m. and it ended at about 4:30.

If you missed the live streaming of the conference yesterday, you can watch it online now at this link:
 http://www.livestream.com/skidmorevideo


After eating dinner in Saratoga, I headed home. I immediately took a shower and went to lie down as I wasn't feeling well at all. Within about an hour or so I started to get intense jaw and ear pain which was also affecting my teeth. I couldn't close my mouth normally to chew without pain. My teeth wouldn't line up correctly.

I took some advil and tried to go to sleep. At about 2:30 a.m. I woke up and went to use the bathroom except my legs wouldn't move! They were extremely numb and tingling. I didn't know what to do so I laid in bed for over 3 hours and waited. This is definitely not a case of my limbs "falling asleep." The feeling is just starting to come back over 3 hours later very slowly. Now I'm starting to get the same numb feeling in my hands. My typing is at about 50% right now.

I am incredibly weak again. I can barely move. I'm on day 6 of zithromax today. I am also several weeks in on doxy and mepron. I thought the numbness issue was solved from the glutathione/vitamins. I am a few days late for my glutathione IV and the numbness is back severely.

I guess the glutathione is doing more than just giving me a few hours of energy. This is the first time I've been late in getting one and the numbness came back on even worse than it was before I started them months ago.