Monday, June 4, 2012

Melatonin Doesn't Work for Me!

I have an LLMD appointment coming up and I am afraid to mention the fact that I am having trance-like states VERY often every day except immediately after my glutathione IV's. Yesterday night I tried to use melatonin to get some sleep. The twitching has been keeping me up along with stabbing joint and muscle pain.

Maybe it's just wishful thinking that I was expecting to get some sleep and wake up trance-free the next day. I feel like I had to try something. I hope the trances are just exhaustion or a med side effect and not an actual seizure. If it's seizures, they are very often and getting out of control.


Last night I was so exhausted that at about 6:00 p.m. I decided to take one capsule (which I semi-dissolved under my tongue first) and lie in a dark room. Several hours later, I had a feeling it wasn't working like it should. The bottle said 20 minutes.

Eventually I fell asleep. Likely around 9:00 p.m. I woke up disoriented (which is not unusual for me) at midnight. I felt like it was 5:00 a.m. At this point I couldn't go back to sleep. I was up for hours and then fell asleep for about 30 minutes at 5:30 a.m. Unfortunately this was right before I had to wake up and go to work.

I am planning on trying two capsules tonight to see if it works any better. I really want to determine if the trances can be helped by sleep. I have had these trances before (back in the winter when I was on half the dose of Mepron). However, later on in the early spring when I was off mepron, I had two unconscious seizures. So I don't know what's causing it, but it appears that it starts with mepron use and worsens when I'm off all meds.

We'll see what tonight brings, but if it doesn't get better with sleep, I guess I will have to discuss it more with my LLMD. Something I'm dreading..........and have been trying to hide because I don't want to be on IV's or anti-seizure meds.