Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Bruising

The other day I started noticing that I had a lot of bruises in a cluster, well more like a line down the side of my right upper thigh. This week I have been extremely exhausted (more than usual). I am struggling to make it through the day. I get to about noon and I really want to go to sleep. I stay like that until I get home and can lie down.

Once home, I either lie down and fall asleep for a few hours or I stay awake but very tired. It's like I'm so tired that I can't sleep sometimes. I'm also noticing some yellowing skin again. I know that's not a good sign with the liver issues I've been having. Rifampin makes me nervous about my liver.

I get the results of my first liver function test since being on Rifampin for 3 weeks today. I am hoping they will be okay, but since I'm not feeling any better on this protocol I'm not going to be too upset if I have to take a break or switch things up again.  

Lately I've been getting kind of scared. I used to be the person who was pushing my LLMD to try stronger doses and stay on meds. Fearless is how I would describe it. Ready to get these infections out of my body. Lately, with the weakness that seems to be getting worse, I worry that something worse than a herx or a harmless new or evolving symptom is going to happen. Like I will develop cirrhosis or have a heart attack. I'm afraid to do strenuous things and push myself because my body feels like it's going to give out soon.

If this protocol doesn't start working, I don't think I'll be as upset as last time about the suggestion of an MRI to get things into place for IV meds. I have up to this point been completely against IV's, but I'm starting to think that I may need them to stop Lyme from progressing. Maybe I can do them for a few months just to get on the right track and then switch back to orals. I don't know what I should do, but I can't keep getting worse like this.