Sunday, November 4, 2012

Flu-like Herx is Back

First of all, isn't this the coolest bed? It really has nothing to do with this post, but I would love to have a bed like this so I could lie around happily.

I've been posting nearly daily this week. It's been such a difficult week for me. The lack of a nutrient IV is part of it. That was not smart of me to skip it in my 3rd week of new meds. I should have known. Like clockwork, I always have a moderate to severe herx in the first week of a change or increase in dose and a SEVERE herx in the third week.

Last night I had to work for a few hours.  I felt TERRIBLE. I was freezing cold like hypothermia with extreme body-wide aching. I had to wear leggings under my jeans, 3 shirts, a winter fleece and a winter coat and I was still shaking uncontrollably in a room that was heated to 70 degrees.

This morning has not been an improvement. Now I have dry eyes and a swollen throat as well. I probably have a fever, but I can't get out of bed to find a thermometer. This is one of the strongest flu-like herxes that I've ever had. My other strong one came from Mepron, and then another when I started Plaquenil.

Sadly, the turmeric doesn't appear to be helping the pain, but I'll keep taking it. Maybe it's cumulative. I'm also thinking of taking some olive leaf extract today in case this really is a virus of some sort. However, I don't think it is. This is my typical herxing pattern. I don't know which one of my meds is causing this, but at least I know that since I'm on a strong combo, it's probably not progression. 

Between the extreme muscle pain, exhaustion, flu-like stuff and the lack of coordination of my hands, this has been a fun week! I wish I could just sleep for the rest of the week to recover from this. Unfortunately I only have today to try to improve enough to be functional.

On top of this, I just pulled about 6 ticks off my dog today. Several of which I accidentally exploded between my fingers (after removing them) due to my hand inaccuracy. Hopefully I'm not adding to the infection through my skin somehow.  People have often joked to me that with all the tick bites I've had since February last year, I'm infecting all the ticks!