Friday, December 28, 2012

Anxiety Herx is Back

My anxiety right now is through the roof. I guess my good week has ended. I have not slept more than 2 hours all night. I've been up since midnight and it's now after 4 a.m. I have things to do at 8 so I won't be going back to sleep. I tried benadryl, melatonin and high doses of valerian root, b vitamins etc. Nothing is helping my mind and body to calm down. This is not good energy, it's over the top extreme anxiety that is leading to obsessive thoughts.

Since it woke me up, I am wondering if hypoglycemia could be to blame this time. I quickly ate a piece of fruit and some nut butter. It calmed things down slightly, but considering I'm on benadryl, valerian and melatonin and still awake and hyperactive I think the anxiety came from more than just a need to raise my blood sugar.

Anxiety seems to be becoming a major herx symptom for me. I have had these episodes on nearly every single antibiotic. The most noticeable was on Doxy, Rifampin, Ceftin and Biaxin. So it appears that mainly the Lyme meds and potentially bart flaring contribute to the anxiety.  It's a full moon and I'm also entering the 3rd week of Flagyl (a notoriously bad week for herxing). I'm in the second week of mino as well which I felt no effects from until now.

I absolutely hate when I get anxiety or any type of emotional breakdowns or psychological symptoms. It makes me feel like I'm crazy and I worry that I'm going to be referred to a psychologist or something. I know that I don't have any psychological problems independent from Lyme. This is pure herxing and Lyme and co-infection effects.

I don't know what to do. I had been doing methylcobalamin (b-12) shots and I didn't have any anxiety on the days that I did them. I skipped the last few days, but I don't think that could have caused such a drastic increase in anxiety. If so, I probably shouldn't take it continuously because I'm definitely going to become dependent on it if this is what happens when I skip a day or two.

I'm debating whether or not to call my LLMD's office in the morning because this anxiety is extreme and it gets to the point that I think it's unsafe physically and psychologically for me to try to push through this type of herxing. However, because it's pretty rare for me to call about a symptom unless something is seriously wrong, the response I always get is to go off antibiotics. That's not what I want to do and I'm not having an allergic reaction or a life threatening herx so I'll give it a few more days.

I've also been having extreme chills yet feel feverish (with a low temperature) and lots of twitching and pains. I was so happy last week because I felt some improvement but I should have known.......it never lasts. It's almost more disappointing to have improvement and then revert back to this than it would be to have never had the improvement in the first place.