Friday, May 10, 2013

Horrendous Anxiety

A few days ago I was incredibly stressed for no reason and couldn't calm myself down. I was unbelievably overwhelmed and upset. That level of anxiety has happened before. I remember it clearly a few times. It usually happens when I first start meds and usually B12 keeps it at bay. Lately I have been skipping B12 and other supplements. It crosses my mind that it could be a side effect of one of the antibiotics, but I don't think it is. I think it's the diseases. I haven't changed any meds in many months. This came out of nowhere along with the increase in temperature outside. In my opinion, the weather change set it off.

The other day I had to take 50mg of benadryl and some ashwagandha and magnesium. I hadn't slept in days and I wasn't eating. My mind was racing from one thought to the next. I was so upset and was constantly crying for no particular reason. Well, I have some reasons, but nothing that I haven't dealt with before. Everything is so difficult for me sometimes. I can't run anymore and I don't even want to attempt walks. My whole day consists of trying not to collapse in exhaustion. Sometimes I completely hate how my life is. I just can't be positive.

I was really nearing a breakdown and then I had to add back artemisinin for another pulse. I was pretty nervous about that but now my symptoms seem to have reversed back to total weakness and exhaustion. I am trying licorice root tincture. The anxiety seems to have lessened since I started that, but I'm very skeptical that it could have been coincidental. I believe the only way that licorice root could have helped anxiety would be by normalizing cortisol levels which I don't believe are abnormal for me.