Tuesday, October 8, 2013

October Update

I'm not going to say much in this post because I'm still not in a great place emotionally. Last week I was able to get up and attempt a few walks. I was no longer nearly bed-bound like I was a few weeks ago. I'm still very upset and depressed and I feel like any type of Lyme treatment at this point is only going to be able to get me to my "typical" level of symptoms which is not a good place to be. I don't like doing everything in my life sub-standard. Even simple things like folding clothes, buttons, holding objects, going up steps, driving, walking to the bus stop, etc. are 10x as difficult as they would be normally. I wish that I had something other than Lyme. I want to have a clear-cut diagnosis and a definitive treatment that works.

Here is my self-treating plan. I've started it all so far. My symptoms became really bad when I was off all treatment so I had to jump in and start herbs aggressively. I waited until things couldn't get any worse and that was too long. By week 5 of no treatment I was unable to get out of bed due to fever, an excruciating unrelenting headache, neck and muscle pain, dizzy spells, vomiting, numbness in all of my limbs, extreme fatigue, etc. It persisted and worsened for many days and didn't appear to be improving. It was one of the first times that I was extremely scared by my symptoms. So this is what I started:

Daily

Samento 20 drops 2x per day
A-BAB (Byron White) 10 drops 2x per day
Cumanda 15 drops 2x per day
Enula (Elecampane tincture not nutramedix brand) 15 drops 2x per day. 

In rotation (2 weeks on)

Banderol 20 drops 2x per day
Quina 20 drops 2x per day

So each day I take 5 different tinctures 2x per day. They need to be taken away from each other by 15 minutes and away from food (2 hours after and 30 minutes before eating). The A-BAB should be taken 20 minutes from other herbs. So every morning and evening there is a 3 hour and 35 minute window that I cannot eat. I have a busy schedule most days and by the time I get home I just want to eat and go to sleep; not go through an elaborate tincture routine for hours. It's very inconvenient. The herbs seem to have stopped the progression that was clearly happening by week 5 of no treatment, but that's it.

What I really want at this point is to just cover up the symptoms. I want to treat things symptomatically (with supplements or herbs not medications) and ignore Lyme for a while. I'm tired and Lyme treatment doesn't help me anyway so I don't know why I keep trying..............If it hasn't worked by now in several years of aggressively treating, it probably isn't going to.