Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Restarting Herbs.........

Well a few days ago I was in a very scary state of depression which only comes from herxing for me. It was really bad and it became the main factor in my decision to back down off the herbs. I was in a state where I didn't want to try any treatment any longer. I was extremely frustrated and nearly in tears as I was telling several different people the thought that I usually keep to myself: That I don't think anything is going to improve from Lyme treatment if it hasn't by now. I still feel like that is a realistic and probable statement for my situation, but I'm normally not so emotional about it. I very rarely cry about my symptoms or Lyme. To me, when I'm thinking logically, it makes no sense to cry about things because crying never improves the situation.

I wouldn't go as far as to say I was suicidal, but I was extremely frustrated and angry and purposely exceeded my exercise capabilities (while on a heart monitor) because I really didn't care if something were to happen as a result. I don't have much to lose anymore. I've already lost my career, my athletic capability and my ability to function like a normal person. "Exceeding my exercise capabilities" at my current level of health means going for a short walk on a slight incline. Prior to Lyme I was running and hiking 10+ miles up mountainous trails daily.

Along with the depression, I was very physically sick. I was vomiting with a severe headache, rib pain, neck pain, tremor in my arms and legs, extreme fatigue, muscle weakness and exhaustion. I couldn't see a thing out of my left eye which made me very motion sick and dizzy. I was also having muscle spasms in my mouth and eye which are rare for me.

The vomiting was great........I was literally throwing up at a park with my friend's kids sitting in a sandbox a few feet away. I live in a small town, and everyone at the park knew me so it was a pretty embarrassing situation. It doesn't take long for word to spread. The entire town probably thinks I have a horrible flu strain by now. I wanted to just crawl into bed and sleep forever, but unfortunately that's not an option.

So I went off Banderol, Samento and Cumanda. My headache was killing me and I wasn't getting any relief from Advil, Tylenol, Excedrin, etc. for many days. As a last resort I tried Quina again and it stopped the headache after the first dose. That's the 2nd time that Quina has resolved a very severe unresponsive headache for me. I remained on A-BAB and did a few doses of Enula as well.

Tonight I'm changing up my plan. I decided to restart the Lyme herbs in a different way. I've only been off them for 48 hours but I feel like I need to get back on them and deal with the herxing because there is never going to be a "good" time for me to do this. The longer I wait, the worse I get (in my opinion from permanent progression). I don't like the slow ramping up method starting at 1 drop. I feel like that could increase the chances of resistance developing.

So I'm going to do Banderol (30 drops) and Samento (30 drops) two times per day. I will do this for one week and then I may add in A-BAB again. On November 1st, I will keep Samento (30) and add Mora (30) and Cumanda (30). After a week on that, I may switch the A-BAB to A-BART. This is fairly close to the suggested Cowden protocol for month 3. I will have the detox herbs to use as needed. I plan on using them this time along with the serrapeptase and magnesium.